Type of Contract– Permanent (Full time)
An experienced and sharp Commercial Operations Manager with energy and vision is required to work alongside the Managing Director to help grow an ambitious and multi-faceted logistics solutions provider in central London.
The Commercial Operations Manager will develop the 3 operating divisions; overnight / international courier service; same day courier service; and storage solutions (including pick & pack fulfillment service).
This is a new role due to continued growth and a fantastic opportunity for a commercially minded operational specialist with logistics, courier or storage sector experience, to join the management team at an innovative SME sized £2.5M turnover business and take responsibility for commercial operations. The successful candidate will have their finger on the pulse with an ability to spot opportunities to grow and protect revenues and margins across the 3 operating divisions.
The company works with prestigious retail brands, well known charities, PR agencies and a huge number of central London based businesses.
• Mentor and manage the Operations Team
• Prepare and submit quotations for new work
• Create bespoke solutions
• Integrate the three service offerings into value add propositions
• Manage project delivery of new customers
• Support the Managing Director / Business Development Manager at client meetings
• Manage daily traffic and reporting
• Oversee operations across the customer base
• Ensure that service is delivered in line with contracts and terms and conditions agreed
• Ensure excellent customer communication at all times
• Good KPI knowledge, ability to measure and incrementally improve performance
• Assess and manage client risk profile
• Manage the operational team, processes and systems
Skills & Experience:
• Proven experience in an operational role within the Logistics / Courier or commercial Storage industry or related sector
• Management experience across all levels
• Sector knowledge of logistics, courier, warehousing or storage industry
• Effective communication skills with the ability to gain confidence at all levels both internally and externally
• Excellent attention to detail with strong analytical skills
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Commercial Operations Manager to join a successful logistics company embarking on the next phase of their growth plans.
A competitive salary and benefits are on offer.